Inconsistent incoming raw materials
An inappropriate incoming raw materials consist of:
- Non-PET bottles (polyethylene, polycarbonate, polypropylene, PVC, etc.);
- bottles from vegetable oil;
- bottles from fluids (solvents, windshield-washer fluid, etc.);
- opaque bottles and bottles of non-standard colors (gold, silver, purple, white, etc.);
- bottles with a label that covers more than 50 % of the surface;
- bottles with liquid (water) inside;
- bottle containing PVC (for example bottles with tubes inside, etc.).
The procedure of acceptance of incoming raw materials
representatives of warehousing, commercial department and quality department, as well as the supplier's representative or driver.
Upon the arrival the truck with the raw materials is weighed, the weight is recorded on evidence photo, shipping documents are checked, the seal is opened, the entire volume of supplied raw materials is visually inspected.
Then bales are selected at random for monitoring for compliance with the requirements for incoming raw materials. The number of bales for control is determined depending on the quality of raw materials in bales and of the total number of bales in the truck:
- for the lot from 1 to 5 bales – 1 bale is for the check;
- for lots from 6 to 12 bales – two bales are to be for the control;
- for lots more than 12 bales – two control bales, and in the case that the examination results of the first two bales content of inappropriate raw material exceeds 5 %, then checked the third control bale.
In the case of the delivery of several types of sorted by color bottles or two-color mix, above quantity of bales of all delivered fractions should be selected for monitoring.
The TCI controller performs the measurement of the dimensions of the control bales (control and instrumentation) using metal roulette 2 or 3 accuracy class according to GOST 7502-98 "Roulette measuring metal. Technical conditions".
Control bale transported by forklift to the raw materials warehouse and weighed on the scales according to GOST 8.453, after that is the numerical value of the density of pressing is defined.
A warehouse clerk in the presence of a TCI controller decompresses the bale, picks out all non-compliant materials as described above.
If inconsistent raw materials are found at the bale (in accordance with the above requirements) from the total weight of the lot are to be removed:
- the weight of non-PET bottles;
- the weight of the bottles from oil;
- the weight of bottles containing water;
- the weight of foreign objects inside the bales (garbage);
- the total weight of the packaging materials, in case of application in addition to a metal wire or strep-tape other materials (cardboard, textiles, etc.). If only the metal wire or of strep-tape are used as packing their weight should not be deducted from the total weight of the bale;
From the total weight of the lot of raw materials are also to be removed:
4 % of the weight of the whole consignment in case of pressing density of the raw materials at exceeds 280 kg/m3. If pressing density is above 350 kg/m3 the lot of raw materials shall be returned at the expense of the supplier;
- 4% of the weight of the bale in the case of stacks of layers of bottles (not scattered when you unpack the bales but easily separated manually the layers of the bottle - "layers"); 20% if there are signs of re-pressing (layers of the bottle, difficult to separate by hand - "monolith") or the lot should be returned to supplier at the expense of the supplier. The decision to deduct 20% or return the lot to the supplier for each lot in which there are signs of re-pressing should be together by quality Director and production Director.
- in the case of the presence in the lot of wet bales (water flows, presence of snow, ice), selected for control bales are weighed and are quarantined in a dry room (for drying) for at least 12 hours, then weighed again and the difference between the weight before and after drying is determined to be the moisture content at the whole lot. The obtained average value of moisture content is to be deducted from the weight of the entire lot; The lot of raw materials, control bales from which have been put in quarantine to determine the value of moisture (water flows, snow, ice) should be placed in the quarantine zone till results for moisture content are obtained. After receiving of the results of the moisture content Act of the acceptance of raw materials for this lot should be made (usually the next day after receipt of raw materials);
- 4% of the total weight of the lot, with multiple packaging;
- 3% of the total weight of the lot if bottles are agreed to be of 2 category degree of pollution;
- a bottle of 3 category according to the degree of pollution shall be returned to the supplier at his expense.
Non-compliant raw materials are to be weighed on the scales in the presence of a TCI controller. The weight and percentage of presence of unsuitable materials in the control bales recorded in the act of acceptance of raw materials. The content is not relevant raw materials in the checked bales should be applied to the entire lot of raw materials.
During the weighing of non-conforming materials fixation of identified fractions and weight of these fractions should be taken on pictures.
The total content in bales of non-conforming material must not exceed 10%. If the content in bales of incorrect material is more than 10%, an act for the discrepancy is to be made and the batch is placed in quarantine until a separate decision.
The amount of the respective raw materials in the party is defined as the difference between the weight of the raw material upon arrival (or after weighing of raw materials on the scale of the warehouse) and the weight of non-conforming raw materials, on the basis of a certain percentage of non-conforming raw materials.
In determining the quality of raw materials as valid for processing by the Act of acceptance of raw materials signed by the TCI controller, warehouse worker prepares the necessary documents, sign waybill of supplier's and unloaded truck should be re-weighing.
When making an Act of acceptance of raw materials is taken into account that the percentage of non-conforming raw material identified during the conduct of the input control extends to the whole lot and then deducted from the total weight of the lot.
Verification for compliance with the requirements for incoming raw materials are carried out during unloading of the truck and must be completed within 1.5 hours.
After unloading empty truck is weighed, the weights recorded on evidence photo.